Best Day Ever

• Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

No — It wasn’t my best walleye day ever. However, this day is a tough one to beat no matter how you slice it.

The morning started with me launching the boat at 6 am. I had about a half hour to prep gear before two of my good friends would join me to chase some eyes. They both had other things going on later in the day, so we planned to be off the water by noon. They arrived right on time and we were off and running at 6:30. From 6:30 to 11:30 we caught 11 eyes between 17 and 24 inches. Nothing to exciting, but we were not complaining with a high sun and literally no wind what so ever. We committed to pulling blades with the limited time we had. Best color for us was a perch pattern and we kept our speed between 1.0 and 1.3. We caught fish both on top in 24 fow and off the edges in 33 to 34 fow. With a little wind I think the bite would have been on fire! Bottom line – A good time catching up with a couple buddies.

This report is a cool one for me to write because the real fun started after I dropped my buds off, and picked up my family. With a 1.5 year old son and a 4 year old daughter, the plan was a short quick boat ride. We accomplished the boat ride and then some.
    I had taken the gear out of the boat to make room for the kids. However, my daughter was begging to fish, so we decided that during our lunch we would drop a few corks. I dug out a few rods and dropped a few corks on a near by rock pile in about 22 fow. We were using night crawlers when pulling blades, so that is what was submerged under our corks.
    I don’t fish for anything but walleyes – but I couldn’t help but post these pictures. Proud to say I think I have some fishing partners lined up for several years to come My daughters first fish and she was soooo excited!

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Love the 2nd to the last pic with the pole bending Looks like an awesome day out with the family!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gotta love the pole bending shots…but they’re all great.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

One thing I forgot to make note of – just to be fair to the boy. He is in a pink life jacket because of his sister’s hand me down.

lol – It’s all good.

ken007
    Trempealeau Wi

Those are some great pics and moments that will last a lifetime.

stuart
    Mn.

Looks like Dad is pretty excited too.WTG guy!

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

Great time with the family and unforgettable memories for the kids. Perfect day!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Days like that make for some awesome memories!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Very cool. Looks like everyone had fun.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for sharing Chris and great job getting the entire family out fishing! The pictures of your little ones are priceless!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Nothing is more important for getting kids hooked than having a positive first experience… And it doesn’t get much more postitive than that!

Way to go Chris!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.