6-15 observation

• josh a

I was out on a mud flat Saturday afternoon. When I started there were 3 boats around, a few hours later there were probably 20+. This flat was holding a good number of fish and we seen a lot caught, and kept. Than the game warden shows up….As soon as the first boat got checked about half of the boats that were keeping fish took off. We even saw one guy dumping fish out of his live well. There were 3 officers checking boats on this spot, not sure how many tickets were given but it was very obvious there was plenty of poaching going on

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Wow, that would be nuts. I always try to pass stuff off as coincidental but the more I experience life you see, “where there is smoke there is fire”. Hope they all get caught if they were guilty but in the meantime good to hear you guys got some fish.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

In faribault area I have seen some pretty crafty CO work. Not the same size group obviousely but 1 officer will move in and start checking and the other officer will just hang back and glass the rest of the group I suppose looking for this type of activity.

carmike

Not surprising, to be honest. My “favorite” thus far is when I saw a boat come up to the access, see a CO on shore, and then dump all the dead fish out of the livewell before loading up. They actually got away with it, as far as I could tell.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m glad to hear that the DNR is enforcing the laws on the water. Is there some poaching going on – I’m guessing there is. But I do think a very high majority of the anglers out there are following the laws. BTW – In my 15 years of fishing Mille Lacs during open water (several times a month), I’ve only been checked once. However, I’m usually in no man’s land.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.