Mille Lacs this week

• jtetzloff

Looking to fish Mille Lacs this Thursday/Friday. Any suggestions on where to start? THANKS

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would target the SE edges of rock piles in about 13-15 fow. Good luck

carmike

I was out on the Pond last weekend, and the “traditional” early season pattern–dragging lindy rigs around transition areas and the north-side sand–didn’t work very well. Our best bets were 1) pitching jigs to shallow weeds and rock, 2) trolling with planer boards (the water is SUPER clear), and 3) bobbering up on the edges of the flats. Yes, those flats.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Quote:

Looking to fish Mille Lacs this Thursday/Friday. Any suggestions on where to start? THANKS

The north end has been pretty good so far this week for us using bobbers with either minnows or leeches in 8-12 ft. Just along all the breaklines–no special spots. Water is too clear for me to use livebait rigs and drift etc. in that depth.

One keeper per 6 fish has been our average. Most are 21-23″ with some bigger–all skinny. (many of those 21-22″‘s are OLD males)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.