Went for A Drive Today

• lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

I took the day off and my parents are in town for the week from Indiana. We were trying to think of something to do today over coffee this morning. Dad and I were looking at the web cams around the Pond and my wife suggests we drive up there today. Dad and I cry “Uncle!” and off in the van we all went.

Went to Reed’s Sporting Goods in Onamia, had Blue Goose Burgers at the Blue Goose Inn in Garrison, watched an Eagle in Wealthwood (open water within a stones throw of shore up there), free coffee at Johnson’s Portside near Isle and hundreds of ice fisherman venturing onto “The Pond”. Looks like easy travel with the lack of snow. Amazing to see open water on Lake Mille Lacs this late into the season.

We put on 250 miles or so and had lots of good times today. Sure beats looking at everything on webcams and seeing it all in person. Was nice to get everyone out of the house too.

First time to Reed’s, that place is awesome! First time to the Blue Goose, that was a great burger and our waitress was top notch. We pulled into the Red Door Resort parking lot, nice looking place, clean and orderly. Looks like the owners take some pride in their property.

I need to try ice fishing up there, have never done it, but watching guys get out there today sure had the juices flowing to do so.

Red Door 1
    North Shore Mille Lacs in Wealthwood

Thanks for stopping! Sorry we missed you as we took a short trip to town with things as quiet as they are.

And thanks for the kinds words. Actually, we wish the place didn’t have staged fish houses and ice bridges etc. laying around the yard but oh well! Bobber, (Bob Carlson) our right hand guy and grounds keeper does a top-notch job of making sure The Red Door looks and feels 2nd to none. Pat and Jim, our managers, take pride in every aspect of the operation.

Please stop back and stay awhile…as we are happy to hear you had such a great day! We look forward to meeting you and yours!

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Hi Lots of Luck….if they ever get good ice up there we should hook up and shoot up there for a day.

I know the guys that are going are getting some fish and I love catching walleyes but the lake is just too unstable for me at this point….just not worth the risk.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.