December Perch and Walleye Trip

• panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

I am working on a plan to get me and the wifey on the lake for a weekend in December or January. Can anyone recommend a place to rent a sleeper house from? Any info on what part of the lake to target or preferred places that people have had success with would be helpful.

Thanks!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Appeldoorn’s has great early season perch and walleye fishing. They also have very nice houses.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Iv’e steered many here and most are thrilled with the bite and accomodations… Hunters Point

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I usually go into and stay at Hunter’s when I’m up for an overnight.
    good rooms and cabins, and VERY good restaurant.
    They are on the east side a few miles north of 18 and 47.
    Jack

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

Thanks for the feedback. I have heard a lot about hunters and made a couple trips on the ice there last year. I was not thrilled with the fishing or the lack of “tips” but they seem to come highly recommended.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Check with the Red Door! Bob Carlson is working up there, and Steve Fellegy is always hanging around and has given hundreds great advice!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will say, if your in a sleeper… you get the bite that is there. If you venture out, it isn’t too hard to see where all the portables are setting up Hunters will move their sleepers, if they are not producing. I know some that set em up in December and pull em in February, off the same holes, bite or no bite

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Any places around there that have shack rentals with TV’s? A group of us heading up there during the NFL playoffs but want to watch the games on the water.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Any places around there that have shack rentals with TV’s? A group of us heading up there during the NFL playoffs but want to watch the games on the water.

Hunter Winfields has some high end rentals with TV’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.