Mille Lacs Report October Fullmoon trolling 10/11

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

After reading some reports and not haveing a partner for Leech it was a no brainer to hit “The Pond” instead. I had high hopes as we struck out a half hour before sundown. All fish were boated on shad style baits in clown, blue and crome and natural perch on the edges of rocks in 6 to 14 fow with the best bite coming at the base of the bigger boulders. Humminbirds Side Imaging excels at times like these allowing me to inch my inside rod/rods very close to the rocks with out snagging up and visualy follow the edge. We did not stomp them by any means but ended with 16 eyes in 4.5 hours before HAVING to head home(i could have gone all night it was beautiful!) We had 3 shorts and 2 around 26 with the majority being in the 19 to 23 inch range and THICK! Best speed was 1.8 with fish coming as fast as 2 and as slow as 1.4. Good luck to the respectful fishermen this weekend and to the tools I wish you plenty of snags and lots of rock bass

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Heading up tomorrow for the weekend can’t wait to run the new Ranger and boat some eyes. I am runnning the HB’s 1198 and 958 so the info on the rocks is in the melon.
    Thx
    PS how did the blind and decoys work out?

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

The first hunt took 35 minutes we would get hammered with the boat riding right on the rock edge, there were lots of boats on top in 6fow but it was a circus so we opted to fish the deep edge

stuart
    Mn.

Nice report!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.