Thank You Vikings/Trip Report 09-18-11

• fish509
    St. Michael

Since the 2009 NFC Championship Game, I vowed to never let the Vikes get in the way of hunting or fishing again. Well, yesterday we got on the Pond with the Vikes ahead 17-0.

“I TRY HARD” a friend of ours and I got on the water. Pulled lead for five hours and picked up about 30 walleyes with a few jumbo’s mixed in. Fishing was slow compared to two weeks ago. The water temp was down 10 degrees and the bait fish seemed to have moved shallow.

We were able to keep ten with zero overs. Lost a couple of box fish reeling in four colors of lead. Two colors seemed to produce better, orange and shad were consistently the two colors to produce.

Towards dark we moved up shallow and had one hit in a half hour. Things are setting up nicely for a good fall on the pond. Water temp was 59-60.

P.S.
    Thank you Vikes for another good day of fall fishing…

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I think that this will be the case all year(the Vikings) and I am glad to hear you have figured out how to deal with poor teams, Fish/Hunt more!

Good Luck!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Since the 2009 NFC Championship Game, I vowed to never let the Vikes get in the way of hunting or fishing again. Well, yesterday we got on the Pond with the Vikes ahead 17-0.

“I TRY HARD” a friend of ours and I got on the water. Pulled lead for five hours and picked up about 30 walleyes with a few jumbo’s mixed in. Fishing was slow compared to two weeks ago. The water temp was down 10 degrees and the bait fish seemed to have moved shallow.

We were able to keep ten with zero overs. Lost a couple of box fish reeling in four colors of lead. Two colors seemed to produce better, orange and shad were consistently the two colors to produce.

Towards dark we moved up shallow and had one hit in a half hour. Things are setting up nicely for a good fall on the pond. Water temp was 59-60.

P.S.
    Thank you Vikes for another good day of fall fishing…

Great post! When it’s a 3:15 game, I have no problem heading out to sit in the deer stand. Yesterday, I had enough time to watch them lose and still hunt!

Joel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.