Leech Lake 01-17-11

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Spent the day on Leech yesterday doing a little scouting for a trip this coming weekend. Went out of the Pine Point area. Fishing was marginal at best, caught quite a few Perch but very few Jumbo’s, marked a lot of fish but getting them to commit was a different story. Will be staying in a sleeper in Walker Bay this weekend and hoping for better results. Off road travel still a stuggle.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

In my house in walker bay the bite has slowed get fish every day but the fish just bump the bait i see them on the camera. Some bite and others are sniffers. Travel is tuff now with the slush and snow. The shallow humps hold fish deep humps kill fish try 19 ft to 30ft. Shallow weed flats have perch and eyes in 9 to 12 ft in the sand Pt area.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I had the same results on panfish here in the metro last weekend. There were a lot of fish that would just rise up to the bait then drop back down. This seems to happen a few times each winter. My guess its a pressure change issue that causes it. Hope it over by next weekend. Take it easy. Good luck to you this next weekend

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Welcome to mid-January ice fishing I’m sad to say…RR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.