Campgrounds Near Walker At Leech Lake?

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Does anyone know of any campgrounds around Walker Mn. at Leech Lake? Thanks, Bill

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Don’t know if you want to be on this end of the lake or not but the Sugar Point Resort has a decent area for tents and campers. Showers, potties, marina, hookups, etc.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

There is a camp groung on the North East side…called Federal Dam I believe…I also Staye at a nice campgroung called New Leach Lake Camp Ground…this was on the north end also…

walleyefinder
    Leech Lake area (God's Country)

There is a nice Federal campground on the tip of Stoney Point, there are 2 harbors to keep your boat in as well. This would also be closer to Walker than Sugar Point and Federal Dam, if that is what you are looking for. Many of the resorts will also allow camping if you call ahead of time.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Bill, There’s a campround/resort called Hiawatha beach resort about 5 miles north of walker. Nice place, Don’t know if you could get in at such short notice though. See you this wekend. Chappy

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks, Talked to Nate tonight and the fishing is very slow. Out of 25 guys staying at one campground only 4 have caught any walleyes he said. I will be up there Sat. to watch the weigh in. If Nate only fishes on Sat. as they cut the field down to only 15 for Sun. then we will probably head for Mille Lacs to fish Sunday for some fun. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.