fishing report 6/15/03

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Hey Dan, just wanted to check in and say thanks for going out of your way to stop and see us. Good chat. Also, we were right about the wind that day, they turned on out front that evening. Cheryl even caught a few. Guess what, she caught them on a jig and a leech after I took her off them the day before. I heard “I told you so” more times that night than I did the day before when I ran out of gas. Friday was tougher going again as we fished during the wind switch. A friend went out while I was frying fish and caught them after the wind came up again. 0700 to 1000 was too early that day. Oh well, a couple of fish fries and a couple of meals for the freezer until I fish again is good enough for me. But it will take some time to get over the ribbing from my wife and my friend.

walleyefinder
    Leech Lake area (God's Country)

Gene,
    It was great to meet and chat with you and your wife for a while. I’m glad that the fish turned on later that day for you. It’s hard to beat a SW wind there, it almost always seems to turn on the fish. I hope Cheryl wasent too hard on you about the jig and leech thing, but in her defence, She was right all along I’m really glad to hear that she was able to finally start cathing some fish and that you didn’t hawg them all all week anyway! Great chating with you, let me know when you are coming up next with the 3 fat germans!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.