Walleyefinder

• tgif

What’s the scoop on walleyes? Sounds like there’s a lot of perch, but on the small side. I’m headed up next week or mid Jan. to Leech. Is it worth stopping or should I keep going north??

craigrbox
    Bloomington, MN

They have been pulling nice size walleyes out of walker bay in 15-20ft. Had a friend lose a ton of sleep to rattle reels last weekend, and brought 7 fish in two hours through the ice last Sun. night between 5 and 7.
    I am heading up myself this weekend, the weather will be tough but have caught plenty O’ fish in cold snaps. Red Lake would be worth a trip too if you are planning on going up for a couple of days.

tgif

Should have looked back at my post reply. I took a solo shot in the dark…actually everything was white and barreled through about 12-14 inches of snow over some rough terrain…not wanting to look down or go down. One eye on GPS one foot on the gas…couldn’t see anything but white…no plowed roads near. I set up on a break in 20′ with portable and ran tip-ups ahallower. Bling Bling…4 pm to 4:30 4 ‘eyes one more around 5 pm then it was over. Nothing until 7 pm. No big fish all between 12 and 18 inches. Never went after perch, but baitshop said there were some dandies in an area I drove right past. Half the fish I marked bit on a jiggin spoon without much effort. Attracting fish to the hole was quite a bit of effort. Low angler pressure but fishing wasn’t as good as it has been on that lake. Hum…what gives?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.