Leech lake 5/25 & 5/26

• Tom Wilson
    walker mn

Had a decent day yesterday (5/25), not as fast as Thursday but steady fishing. Fished the same spot for 6 hours and caught 20 +. Best part was the equal number of nice slots with the keepers. 27 was the largest. Jig and minnow 7 to 9ft. Same wind coming for next couple days, should be good fishing!!

Had a group of 4 with a follow boat today (5/26) My spot from yesterday died and I wasted a couple hours with just a few fish. Found another spot and caught lots, kept a 4 person limit.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

thanks for the report Tom!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

I was able to get out yesterday night and this morning and the results were on opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night we had big winds as we did this morning. The afternoon was much more productive as the water was 5 to 6 degrees warmer in the afternoon.

Wind blown points, Stoney, Pine, ottertail, mounds are all good bets. Moxies, PB&J during the late afternoon and when the sun fell behind the trees pulling FT SR7s. The sweet depth was 8 ft for the SRs. Pitching was the shallower the better, sitting in 8 pitching into the shoreline rocks.

This morning a balmy 50 degree water temp and 25 mph winds put a jig and shiner on top.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.