Leech Lake Fishing Report 9/14

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Hit leech yesterday and wasnt disappointed dispite the less than favorable conditions. Water temps at noon when we arrived were right 69 on the graph and when we left at 10pm they were 58! We started off hitting some of my usual haunts with a bite on my first cast followed shortly there after by a low 20s eye for Josh. As fast as it started it died but what can you expect a shallow water bite to at 1 pm.
    We went searching hard for fish in a hand full of locations poping a few here and a single there. We were limited by the winds as to where we could fish and had no gps so it was a memory kinda ball game. At sun down it happened! We located a good pod of fish and it was on til dark we boated 7 fish in a matter of minutes before the camotion drew in 2 other boats and it was off. All fish came on britely colored jigs snapped hard or barly jigged tipped with a thick Rainbow. The plus was the perch fishing that kept me entertained during the lulls, we ended with 7 from 11 to 12.5 and tons of almost jumbos that fight good. One note was yeah the perch are pesky BUT they were a must for a location to hold eyes. If we didnt get perch we didnt get eyes. On the night trolling front it was slow but with no gps and snow falling we called at 10 with only 1 bigger fish coming to the boat on a silver floating rap at 111 feet back in 6 fow. It was a day of firsts, I have never been hailed on in a boat or seen what appeared to be a rainbow at night which I assume was ice crystals but cool none the less. The new boat arrives in Minnesota today Im thinking Leech is gonna be a great place to break her in! Then theres Winnie too Tight Lines See ya out there

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Thanks alot for that report ….it will be nearly impossible for me to get any work done between now and next weekend.

JP

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ben:

That is a pair of toad perch!!!

Mark

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Thanks Mark man were they fun to catch on light jigs, fiesty little devils…cant wait to get back!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.