Rule Change Panfish baglimits inland waters

• buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Was in the county courthouse today and saw this figured I’d share cause this isn’t in 2011 Iowa fishing regulations

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

The Iowa DNR website still says limit is 25. Hope they get that changed. 15 is great.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

They have fish other than Bullheads in Iowa???

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Maybe it is last year’s sign and they meant 25. There would be such a ruckus that we’d hear about it.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I’m going to do some more diging into this but just thought I’d share the info its a new sign cause I’m in the county court house a lot and it wasn’t up couple weeks ago

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Yeah I agree, that sign is wrong. They went to 25 last year.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

it should be 15, wish we had a few more lakes with a protected slot also.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Quote:

They have fish other than Bullheads in Iowa???

Nope!!!

kdb

Quote:

The Iowa DNR website still says limit is 25. Hope they get that changed. 15 is great.

what does it mean when there is no ‘posession limit’?

that an angler is presumed to have caught whatever he has ‘on that day’? or that a guy can put as many filets in the freezer over time as he wants?

Seems a bit unclear…

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Daily bag limit is what you can keep per day. Possesion limit is what you can have collectively over time. Basicaly what Iowa’s law is is that you can only keep 25 bluegills and 25 crappies a day but you can have as many as you want in the freezer. I also see nobody has come back with an answer about weather this is a new law. I have not seen this anywhere and the 2011 regs are still saying 25.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Yea but remember when some people used to pull out 100 to 200 crappies a day out of Rathbun? Man that used to urine me off and they would brag about it.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

I remember those days, one lake I know of was fished out of 13-14″ crappie. I agree it should be 15.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I can only agree with that on certain waters there are also those lakes here in Iowa that need to have either a lot taken out of or a lot of prediters put in.

1700walleyeDan

15 would be great!!!I know of a few lakes in the north part of the state that really need help. I wish the DNR would look into putting a slot limit on Crappies in a few places, there seems to be spots that get hit really hard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.