Doesn’t anybody icefish in IOWA any more

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Either everyone is haveing as crappy of a year ice fishing as I am or you are all catching so many fish you can’t make it to the computer.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Don’t feel bad Mike. There is only one other person on this forum that is within 100 miles of me, that I know of. Darn guys from WI and MN are able to talk about the lakes. Nothing like that here in MI! Trying to get the word out but it is not working very well. Oh well. If I ever make it down to Iowa I will send you a pm and we will hit the ice.
    Zach

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

All the Iowa guys come to Wisconsin to fish. That is all you see is Iowa plates around Prairie du Chien. Ecnook has to go elsewhere to fish.

Just kidding. I was fishing in Lansing yesterday. One guy left fishing to go to try and fill his muzzel loader tag since yesterday was the last day.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Don’t feel bad Mike. There is only one other person on this forum that is within 100 miles of me, that I know of. Darn guys from WI and MN are able to talk about the lakes. Nothing like that here in MI! Trying to get the word out but it is not working very well. Oh well. If I ever make it down to Iowa I will send you a pm and we will hit the ice.
    Zach

James has IDO stickers I heard about IDO from a guy at the boat landing. Spread the word of IDO in your area

bullcans
    Northfield MN

not much to report from where i am at in North IA
    Rice Lake is slow with many tiny perch that are finicky
    Been to Clear Lake but the Yellows are the only thing happening with a decent bite from 4pm-6pm

Sorry– nothing else to offer at this point

bullcans
    Northfield MN

maybe our luck would change around here if only i had one of those stickers

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Quote:

All the Iowa guys come to Wisconsin to fish. That is all you see is Iowa plates around Prairie du Chien. Ecnook has to go elsewhere to fish.

Just kidding. I was fishing in Lansing yesterday. One guy left fishing to go to try and fill his muzzel loader tag since yesterday was the last day.

Ouch Whiskey Ouch

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

Maybe this will help.This was from Spirit Lake last weekend. A great time.The fish were finicky but very few small ones. Pick a spot waay away from everybody and you will have success. That is the legend Supserdave with a slot Eye.

cts
    winneshiek county IA

going to the mississippi today hopefully can put up a report tonight!!!!!

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Troutsrus
    What’s your favorite depth and time?

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

20ft was magic. We were out from 830am to about 5. They just kind of meander through. It has been suggested to hang out around the shanty towns. I disagree. Closest group was well over 1/2 mile away.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Thanks guys there are plenty of Iowa guys on here they just aren’t catching much to brag about so they are staying offline. And PDC doesn’t count as wisconsin for us Iowa guys, we don’t even need a wisconsin licsence to fish. Good luck to everyone hope the bite picks up down this way.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

we have been having some luck around here on a few of the ponds, trip to Spirit this AM was postponed, dang kids! For pan fish look for green weeds, start there and work from shallow to deep.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.