Iowa Farm Pond

• BigZamer

Place Fished: Heaven
    Water clarity: 2′
    Depth Fished: 12-13
    Fish caught: Gills, 50+, crappies 8, bass 3
    Presentation: jigs with waxies, jigging spoons with waxies
    Ron and I decided to get out and try the ice today. We didn’t get on the ice until about 1:00pm and the weather was very nice. We started at our usual spot with little success. We moved mid-pond and started catching fish right away. The gills were very agressive at times and sometimes they would just sit and stare at it. It was a bit frustrating as your would hook a fish and loose it at the hole. At about 4:00pm the fishing kicked into overdrive. The flashers lite up like christmas trees and the fish got very aggressive. I switched to a swedish pimple with a waxie and you talk about giddy school girls! The harder you jigged the spoon the more bites you got. I was jigging the spoon about 2 feet and then stopping it right in front of them. They would come in, take a look and drop back down. As soon as you jigged it again they would wack it. We missed a lot of fish and that was part of the school girl bit, but we did manage some very nice fish. I cleaned 30 gills and 8 crappies. The crappies were 11 1/2 to 14 inches. The gills were 8 to 9 inches. Ron and I had a ball and my christmas wish has been answered. Thanks Ron, I had a great time.

Bob Gordon
    Washington,IL

Nice fish !

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice whites Farm ponds are a hoot

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice Pies!!!!

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

very nice!

haney
    Hawkeye, Iowa

gotta love the farm ponds! They can be so productive! Nice fish!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.