Macbride 5-13

• VikeFan

I fished Macbride yesterday forenoon. I planned on hitting some Mississippi wing dams this morning, but the brisk SE breeze made me decide to stay closer to home. That ended up working OK.

I did decent both days on crappie, and got some of those pesky largemouth and spotted bass as well, although the bass ran small for the most part. I also picked up three walleye of 16″, 14″, and 15″.

The surface temps were sixty-nine to seventy degrees, so I expected the crappie spawn to be in full force. That was not the case. Working the shallow brush piles produced only Macbride bluegills and bass. When I moved out I hit the crappie, with the largest being 11″. The specks I cleaned still had eggs in them. On Saturday there was a boat (or three) anchored on every shallow brush pile, but none of them seemed to get much. Today there were noticeably fewer boats working the shore, and they kept moving.

I had my best results working off-shore; I was a little surprised to catch only one white bass total.

rod_leiting
    IA, Linn

Thanks for the report VikeFan. Hope to be out next week either at PC or Macbride. Just out of curiosity, were you in the North or South Arm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.