McBride

• TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

Anyone doin any good on Iowas Private Lake?

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I was planning on heading down there tomorrow morning for a shakedown cruise, but looks like the temp is only going to be 24° and not get above freezing until late afternoon.

Kidna makes me think that staying home is the right answer for tomorrow. Guy at work said he caught some mini-crappies (about 6 inchers) out at Palo. When are we going to get a weekend with weather like we had on Tuesday?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I saw a forecasted warm up by Thursday so hopefully this coming weekend will be good for you!

redman
    Marion Iowa

Gianni
    A friend was at Mcbride on Wed. and caught a dozen keeper crappie but said it was slow and could only get them to bite on a hook and minnow. With the weather the way it is I think I will pass for fishing the river this weekend.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’m a little bit annoyed by the cold – I wanted to run the motor before I headed for moving water next weekend (probably Guttenburg). Now I’m going to just have to settle for running it in the driveway, as I’ll be in California a good part of the week for work.

I’ll let you guys know what the weather was like out there, I’m sure you’ll appreciate it.

TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

Hay John, I can tell you what to do with a weather report from out there!!! Specially after what were sposed to get here Sunday and Monday. Now listen I have a question for you.. How come YOU engineere’s type guys cant come up with a hand held gps unit that will give speeds below one mph. Also Im not thinkin that one that is part of a depth finder can read less than one mph either? I want to know if im goin 1/4 mph or 1/2 or what. Dag Nabit

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

We can, and have, but can’t sell them to the public. If you want to, I can check one out for the day and we can see what’s going on. Let me know.

herb
    6ft under

Hey TTrigger, my Etrex gives me readings below 1 mph.

TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

Hay Herb, tell me more. What kind of readings does it give you and are you comfortable with the readings below 1 mph? My Garmin GPS 3 plus drops off at anything less than 1mph it goes to 0. I hate that!!! I’d really like to know if im trollin at 1/2 mph or what?
    Thanks
    Trigger

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

hey gianni, what do you mean they don’t sell these to the public…

copy/paste: Rockwell Collins PLGR+96

The Rockwell Collins PLGR+96 retains the low price, extended battery life and advanced navigational features of PLGR+, while incorporating advanced P/Y code positioning technologies, thereby increasing the unit’s accuracy to the sub-meter level.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

while incorporating advanced P/Y code positioning technologies

P/Y = Encrypted military-use only signal. We made ‘civil’ PLGR’s for a long time, but they were mostly for foreign sales to non-NATO countries who were not approved for acquisition of precise positioning (PPS) equipment.

The ‘next big thing’ in military handhelds is on its way right now, with the GPS Joint Program Office set to award a $150 Million + program called DAGR (Defense Advanced GPS Receiver). Two development contracts have been awarded, Raytheon and Rockwell Collins.

I’ll leave it to you to figure out who I’m rooting for.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.