Lake Hawthorn

• Anonymous

Fished Hawthorn yesterday. Nice day and caught some fish. Crappie and gills not fast but steady. Lots of bass mixed in, most small but up to 17 in. Panfish big enough to clean but could be better, some good ones. Well worth the trip. Good luck to all!

Anonymous

BFD, Do you evr get down to Rathbun or any of the lakes down that way?

Anonymous

Have fished some of the southern lakes in the spring time but not through the ice. In the winter we mostly fish Pleasant Creek, Union Grove, Hawthorn, and the Mississippi backwaters up by north-east Iowa. However on the right day with the right report I’ll fish darn near anywhere!

Anonymous

Hey BFD, I fished rock creek last sat & caught 3 walleyes & gills & specks 7 to 11 AM. It was kind of slow. I then went to Diamond, after seeing open water & three groups of anglers just walking around looking at their sonars I headed to Hawthorn. I caught crappies & bluegills almost constantly from 3 to 5:15 pm. A good day indeed! {John}

Anonymous

Where were you on the lake? A lot of people were along that brush[ stickups] toward the dam. Some up in corner closer to the dam. Bunch of shacks out in middle of the lake. Seemed like eveyone was catchin’ some. I wonder what was best?

Anonymous

I was in the vicinity of the dam, About 28 feet of water. As soon as it got dark, it kind of slowed up. {John}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.