MacBride Sunday – Crappies

• Anonymous

Put a whoopin’ on some crappies at MacBride this morning. For once, Denny was actually right about the weather staying North of us. Sun shines on a Dog’s you-know-what every once in a while.

Fishing was fast, but they were biting light. We probably missed half the taps, but then another one would be right behind. I let the electric motor limitation keep me off that lake too long.

Anonymous

Did you get a few crappies 9 inches & bigger or were they mostly this year’s typical Mcbride 8 inchers? Special note: fishing was tough at Bellevue on Sat with just 12 crappies over nine inches brought home. I guess we did have fun on this beaver dam though, with about thirty to forty bass caught on every cast. “John”

Anonymous

There were some fellas anchored up by the boat rental catching “chips” but we decided to look for another school. It paid off. We weren’t measuring, but I would say our average was 9″ with about every 5th fish breaking 10.

Anonymous

Hit it again this morning. Did pretty well until about 10:00, then everything just shut off. I think the sun was just getting high enough to turn it sour. We were supposed to have cloudy weather; looks like Denny and crew have returned to their old tricks.

Anonymous

Here’s a glamour shot for ya:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.