Macbride Petition

• Anonymous

Say Lebruce: That was too easy. No doubt, I think the 10 H.P. motor rule is bogus. With all of our Tax paying dollars going into it this last year. Those of us with only big motors ought to be able to use it. Besides, the rule states up to a 10 h.p. at any speed can make huge wakes. { John }

Anonymous

Amen. I tried to get bait shops interested in a hard-copy petition drive last year, but there was surprisingly little enthusiasm. I guess they figured with it down most people wouldn’t be heading there anyway.

Can we print hard-copies and signature sheets to post at local shops? How would we get the signatures in? I’ll volounteer to do some running here in CR.

Anonymous

This is the best thing sence sliced bread. Spread the word. Lets get it changed.

Anonymous

got it, signed it and sent it. Nice work,i did not know this was in the works. lets hope it works

Anonymous

I cant believe there’s only 140 signatures on this. We NEED to get the word out!!! I’ve told everyone I know and then some!!! Someone else needs to tell some more people. We need some major coverage of this. Local news? Anyone with connections?

Anonymous

Crimeny, I’ve fought this for years. But unfortunatly it’s go’n to take you Ia City, CR boys to carry the load on this, because it’s the State Leg. and the A–Hole Rep. from either Solon or IA City. I’ve heard the guys name that’s the sailboater Rep. but can’t think of it.

You CR guys, have you put a flier up at Fin/Feather ?
    How about talking to Paul Sleeper (MacB. DNR).

Kensyl Reading———EFN ProStaff

Anonymous

I was told the exact same thing about the state legislature controlling this – by Sleeper if I remember correctly. The story is that it would take an act of the Almighty to get this overturned with all the money that lives around that lake.

I would think that we would have a good chance now that they’ve spent all that money renovating last year just to keep us out.

Anonymous

Got off my A– and wrote some letters !
    I used the states web site: iowaaccess.org, it has an email directory, and a real handy site map of the different districts. Even got to copy furnish the Reps. surrounding the lake itself !!

Kensyl Reading———-EFN ProStaff

Anonymous

I sent this to everyone I know who fishes. I see most of their names on it now. One guy refused to sign it – his excuse:

“I was out there yesterday and it was really nice having the lake all to myself. I’ve only got a 9.5.”

A few choice words later, we switched topics.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.