Red Rock Fishery

• nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

this was brought to my attention, by Ryan, so I don’t know if it has been metioned here yet.

Red Rock we know is being drawn down for repairs, in 2007, as most know, why couldn’t we address the issue with the DNR and the corps about making fishery improvments to the lake while it is down. The Central Iowa Anglers is having Dick Mcwilliams speak at our June 2nd meeting, and we will metion it to him, but we could use more support. Maybe if a letter writting campaign got going to both entities, it could help and other clubs could get involved. Just wanted to get this out and get some wheels turning.

2handsinthebox
    Off Red Rock

Sounds like a fantastic idea! Red Rock could really use a little face lift. Some rock piles, stake beds, reefs, humps, etc, etc, etc!!!! Let me know what I can do. I’m in and out of quite a few bait shops around the area. I even have a couple contacts that might be helpful.

2handsinthebox
    Off Red Rock

245 views and no responses, that’s crap!

Something like this would benefit everyone. The area bait shops, gas stations, restaurants, other businesses in the surrounding communities, and especially the fisherman!

This is a great idea which can only be accomplished by sportsman backing and supporting it! Letters will need to be written, calls will need to be made, and a little effort from everyone would go a long way. Maybe a few could step up to the plate here.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

try getting a letter writing campaign to you local senator, I’m in a different district, but I’ll work on ours also, maybe we can get Saylorville on the list next

herb
    6ft under

Ryan or Darrin, I’ve never fish Red Rock, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that the lake needs fish habitat.
    Do you have any email addys, phone numbers, and names and address’s of who to contact?

spinefixer
    West Des Moines, Ia

I imagine we will have some good contact information following our meeting with Dick McWilliams, so hang tight until the 2nd.

2handsinthebox
    Off Red Rock

the next big question, where is the money going to come from for the project????

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

That is one reason we need to get the local senators involved, and with some contact within the Centra Iowa Anglers we might get help that way, but talking with the DNR, is the first step, along with getting more involved with letter writing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.