Central Iowa Anglers Nov Seminar

• dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

A big thanks to Goody for another great CIA seminar. If you missed it, last night’s Central Iowa Anglers seminar was everything and anything you ever wanted to know about ice fishing.

Some of the topics covered were safety, locations, gear, tournaments, techniques. Goody covered it ALL. It was pretty awesome.

Especially cool was the live Vexilar FL18 demonstration.

The box of ice lures door prize went to Rod.

There will not be a meeting in December, but go ahead and put Thursday night, January 6th on your calendar.

Thanks again Eric! See you on the ice….

Dave

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

it was a great Meeting almost has me convinced to try icefishing, maybe Great seminar, by Eric as usual, nad 6 new members last night also, Thanks to Eric and welcome to all the new members. Can’t wait for January for the next one. I will post more info on that one as the time gets closer. Hope all can attend

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Sounds like the club is doing very well,how many did you have at the meeting,15-20?
    It won’t be long and the ice is going to be forming,there talking lows in the teens next week-end.I’ve been on local ponds by T-Giving a few times but in normal years we are on Anglers Bay by the 1st or 2nd week-end of Dec.
    Glad everything is going well with the CIA.
    Ryan Hale

kid hale

Dave, did Goody cover the bullhead bite on ice?
    Dad want’s to know if you were happy with that 2000 Avocet reel?
    Cole Hale

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Hello Hales!

Goody did mention catching cats but didnt spend much time on it. He mentioned a cat that would make it through a 8″ hole, but not a 6″! I forget how many showed up but I would bet this last meeting expanded attendance 1/3! We are going to be moving to a larger facility come January.

Actually, Ryan keeps coming up as a name of a guest speaker but everyone agrees it is too far to ask a guy to travel. You are quite famous! Perhaps you could keep that in the back of your mind that we meet on the first Thursday night of every month except Dec. If you happen to be down this way for another event, we will bump whatever topic we have going to hear from the famous Ryan Hale! Email me, Goody or the club President, Darrin.

I very much like the Avocet. You can probably tell from my Saylorville postings that I am a white bass nut and I have been using it probably 75% of the time paired with an ultralight St. Croix. 2lbers really test the drag sometimes.

Dave

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dave,I would love to help out.I just wish it wasn’t so far away.I’m looking at a 3.5 hour drive from my place.Maybe I could take a Friday off and come down and help.
    I could give a few pro/cons of state level tourney fishing or a segment on livebait tactics or leadcore and cranks.
    I’m glad it is going well for you guys,you have alot of great guys in the group.
    How bout you guys have a IGL’s get together in the summer of 2005.That would be cool.
    Ryan Hale

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

We had 11 people there, a great group, Ryan we’ll take you up on that. If you want after the first of the year’ll we’ll chat and work on a time. It would be great to hear you. Actually it sounds great we are talking about having an outing up your way this spring.

ivanbrehmer
    Johnston, Iowa

Ryan, that would be cool if you could make it down. I know there has been some interest in lead line trolling topic. Crank baits would go right along with that.

Ivan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.