Central Iowa Angler’s Seminar

• dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

For you guys that weren’t at last night’s Central Iowa Anglers (CIA) meeting, you missed a fantastic seminar put on by Eric (GOODY). I honestly lost track of time, but Eric talked for at least on hour on all subjects related to live bait rigging which included specifics on fishing Big Creek. He covered spinners (including favorite colors & blades), bottom bouncers, Lindy rigs, slip bobbering, and a whole host of other related topics. Anytime you can find a guy that spends as much time on the water as Eric does, it is goldmine to be able to pick his brain.

The cost was ZERO and Matt (SPINEFIXER) was even nice enough to provide a location and beverages.

It is the FIRST THURSDAY @ 6PM of every month in West Des Moines, so mark your calendars for November 4th. The topic of next month’s meeting has yet to be determined but is leaning towards ICE FISHING… so if you are even slightly curious about hard water, you would be nuts not to come.

Thanks again Goody!

Regards,
    Dave

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dave,sounds like a great time.Eric is a heck of a angler.It is cool that he could spread his wealth of knowledge to your club.Great angler and person all in one package is the best way to describe Goody.Him and I have been very good friends now for a few years.
    It’s to bad you guys are so far away as I would love to help out your club in some way.
    Ryan Hale

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

We would love to have ya Ryan! Somehow or another (I cant remember why), your name came up last night. I think you are getting famous!

Dave

goody
    Iowa (Des Moines area)

Yeah, I think it was when I was talking about trying to avoid bullheads when live bait rigging….something about a certain IGL guide that guides them in his spare time…dont remember for sure

goody

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

Thanks to all who attended and thanks to Goody, for the seminar, I look forward to next month and learning a thing or two about ice fishing.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Way to go Eric!

It’s true that Eric is a quality angler. Here he is teaching his future wife how to catch those famous yellow-bellied “walleye”.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks for the “proof” again Wade.That was a nice double we had a chance to see.Were catching perch and they are catching bullheads-go figure.I keep telling Eric to make the Grade run in the spring for those yellow bellies.
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Oh, those were bullheads! My bad guys…

Seriously, Eric is a great fisherman and a great guy. Wish I lived closer to take a listen myself.

Ryan, how’s the Walleye bite on Spirit? Supposed to be nice on Sunday and I might take my son up there for the day.

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

Where are the meetings held? I would love to go.

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

We would love to have you attend Steve,

Here is the location:

Van Dyke Family Chiropractic
    475 South 50th Suite 700
    West Des Moines, IA 50265

It’s close to the WDM water tower. 50th is closed to the north, so you may wish to get there from the opposite direction.

Dave

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

all are welcome send me your e-mail and I’ll send you a reminder before hand
    Darrin Niday
    [email protected]

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

it is confirmed, Goody is giving a talk on ice fishing next thursday, Should be a good time.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

bump

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.