North Twin Lake

• panfish
    Blairsburg IA

The crappie bite is really starting to pick up at North Twin. The best spot seems to be on the west side of the lake near the church camp. The bite is the best in the evening after 5. There also picking up some nice sized gills in the same area. Find the weed edge in 8-9 feet of water and cast a small mini-jig over the top of the weeds.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Fished North Twin for a few hrs. tonight heard the eyes were biting. My father and I picked up two 16 inchers on the west side of the lake near the point at the narrows. One came on a pink spinner and crawler the other on a #5 firetiger jointed shadrap. We also picked up 8 sheepshead biggest around 3 lbs. Are sheepshead any good to eat I heard there ok but I’ve never eat one.

Good luck on the water Todd.

d00buck
    Colo, IA

Todd, also heard the northern there were on fire. Didn’t hear what they were catching them on tho. Be on the lookout for a St. Croix rod on the end of your line! Someone we both know lost one over the side of his boat yesterday!

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

just let his wife know first things would get real interesting then

You might know me as dtniday

walleyes_only
    FORT DODGE IOWA

HEY TODD OR ANYONE THAT FISHES THIS LAKE IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FISH WITH THEM AT THIS LAKE JUST SHOT ME AN EMAIL.. [email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.