Perch Action Heating Up

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Perch action has really heated up here since the arctic air has finally left. We are getting limits (35) of perch. I would say it is the best action we have at this time of year in a long time.

Access is tricky. Very few are going out. Be prepared. Travel in teams. Get access info from your resort or baitshop. The road situation changes according to the direction and intensity of the wind.

Better yet hire a guide to help you cut to the chase.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the update Kevin. Good to hear the action is heating up

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

None of us limited the past few days. One shack would catch say 25 and the one next to it 5. Probably the skill level of the clients?

I got stuck three times today trying to drive off plowed roads. The main roads have three to four foot high piles along side.

flyingfish
    St. Cloud, MN

Kevin,

How is ice travel over in your neck of the woods? Snowdepth, water on ice, snowmobile or ATV needed to get off the roads?

The construction company I work for during the summer is bringing myself and a group of guys over your way on the 15th and 16th. I’m wondering what conditions to expect. Thanks

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

You cannot or should not use vehicles on the ice anymore. You will need to use snowmobiles. There is water under the snow on top of the ice. The snow depth varies. I don’t think roads are not being maintanied anymore. I’ve been out of the area due to a family emergency and am leaving again shortly. Most of the guide services are packing it in. It isn’t going to be safe much longer although the ice will be around for a while yet.

flyingfish
    St. Cloud, MN

Thanks for the update Kevin. Plans might be scratched for this year. We’re dealing with the same ice conditions over here. Good luck with your family situation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.