Cold enough for you yet?

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

It was 24 below zero this AM and didn’t get above 13 below today. Add to it a windier forecast and colder temps for tonight. I’m glad I put on this winter layer of insulation around my tummy.

This deep of a system turned the fish into a negative mode. We got some perch but it was tough going. Check out my report on this site for how I caught mine this week.

They are just about unthawed so I have to get cleaning.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for the reports Kevin!! Hopefully a bunch of us can come experience those huge perch sometime soon.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Hi Kevin,

That sure is some cold weather. I’m coming back to Grand Forks in a couple days to start school again. Hopefully it warms up a little by then. I was hoping to make it out to Devil’s before the spring semester starts and was wondering what the ice conditions were. Are people driving trucks on the ice yet. Also how much snow is on the lake are any roads being plowed or are you blazing a trail on your own.

thanks for the info

Josh Hukriede

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Check out my latest report under the fishing reports section here.

We have a bought 6 inches of snow on the level on the east end and about 12 inches on the west side here my Minnewaukan.

There has been enough traffic to “construct” roads. Just make sure you have a Dodge to get around. Chevy’s don’t work!

If you get out here, I have a black Dodge Quad cab with a topper and an NPAA #755 sticker on the back quarter panel.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

well it sounds like i may be in a little touble then. I unfortunately don’t have a Dodge. I’ll make sure to bring a shovel and a tow strap so someone with a Dodge can pull me out when I get stuck!!

But it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the other way around and I had to pull someone in a Dodge or Ford out!!!

I’ll be out there on Monday in a maroon GMC Sierra with an in-depthangling sticker on the back of my topper

Josh

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Lots of folks were getting stuck this weekend when they couldn’t judge the drifts due to the overcast conditions.

It takes just a little shovel work or a good sameritan to pull you out. It’s not like you are getting buried in huge drifts.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

It finally is too cold to fish…Temperature was 37 below this AM with 20 MPH winds. It looks like more of the same the next several days.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s just about exactly what we are seeing here… much too cold to do anything but stay inside and THINK about fishing or hope the truck starts if and when you do have to go outside.

scottsteil
    Central MN

River guys all this Cold, Ice Guides call this making ice weather. We refer to how cold it is by how much ice we made today. But, we are a little strange anyways

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Too much more of this ice making weather and I’ll have to stand on a step ladder to drill a hole…Get me another extension please

scottsteil
    Central MN

LOL, I never actually take my extension off. I start first ice with it on. I figure by the end of the season when I need it I am all practiced up. Ok, that is a lie, we need them to drill in the sleeper houses

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.