Public Duck Hunting Information?

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

I realize that this is a fishing website but I am looking at a situation where I could duck hunt and fish over a long weekend in Devils Lake. I was hoping someone would have some good tips for me, especially in the public duck hunting setting?

Brian Amundson

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Hi, I also hope to make it out that way this fall to do some duck hunting, every thing I’ve heard about North Dakota and the Devil’s Lake area is that it is really good.

I’ve been out to Devil’s Lake quite a few times this winter and spring fishing and snow goose hunting. There isn’t much public land right in the vicinity of Devil’s Lake, but you get 10 miles or so from the lake and there is a lot of land to hunt. Even the land that was posted was not too hard to get permission to hunt. Every farmer we asked for permission was very friendly and let us hunt on there land. Some even gave up tips on what the patterns of the birds were for the last couple of days. I’m not sure how easily it will be when it starts to get close to deer hunting season. When I was out there, we saw “almost” as many deer as we did waterfowl!! And there are a lot of people around there that deerhunt. But there are plenty of ponds, puddles, rivers and cricks out there to hunt. Even the fields out there that were located near water had a lot of ducks and geese in them.

Hope this helps and good luck this fall.

Josh

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Josh,

Thanks for the tips…..I look forward to the fall….I have heard that from a lot of people that most of the land owners do not mind if you hunt their land as long as you ask first…of course!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.