Fruit salad

• slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Anyone else put small pieces of snickers in their fruit salad? (Chopped up fruit with cool whip.) a little trick we’ve always used.

Also any other secret ingredients anyone else likes to toss in it?

haleysgold
    SE MN

Yep, snickers fruit salad.
    Tastes awesome but I suppose it takes away from the “healthy” idea.
    A little soft carmel in it is good too.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ve had a fruit slad with lemon type pie filling instead of the cool whip. but I dont care for cool whip……………..

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

but I dont care for cool whip……………..

You’re wrecking your image here Glenn. Buck up and eat the good stuff. Or make the salad using real whipped cream.

Peanut allergies come blazing up when I see this….you’d need to post a no trespassing sized sign next to the bowl to protect yourself from lawsuits….but I’d eat this with snickers in there. I’d pick the snickers out and chew them up and discard the fruit. Now that would be healthy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

jester I didnt know I had an image here or even what it is.

truthfully…….i’d rather eat the fruit in its natural state. and I do eat a lot of fruit.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Heck, a lot of the internet Cool Whip salads have ditched the fruit altogether. Cookies, candy… everything is fair game in a tub of Cool Whip.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Are all of you referring to a cool whip type of a side dish that has something added to it to show color?

I thought we were speaking of a real fruit salad!
    Strawberries,
    Muskmelon (orange and lime green)
    Grapes
    Pineapple
    Oranges or Tangerines
    Raisins
    Pears
    Are you tasting what I’m fixin?

No need for fillers or other liquids, just plain summer time fruit fixin in the huge yellow Tupperware bowl!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Are all of you referring to a cool whip type of a side dish that has something added to it to show color?

I thought we were speaking of a real fruit salad!
    Strawberries,
    Muskmelon (orange and lime green)
    Grapes
    Pineapple
    Oranges or Tangerines
    Raisins
    Pears
    Are you tasting what I’m fixin?

No need for fillers or other liquids, just plain summer time fruit fixin in the huge yellow Tupperware bowl!!

Bingo.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

When we make snicker salad (only ever have it at my parents) we freeze the Snickers, then unwrap and put in a ziplock bag and wrap that in a bath towel. Take it down to the workbench and go to town with a mallet. Crushes it up well without much mess.

Pretty sure mom uses pudding mix in the whipped part but not sure as my only involvement is beating the crap out of the Snickers (and eating it).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.