Frontenac

• Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Fished friday evening and saturday evening found anywhere from 14-20 inches of ice ppl still driving all over ,heard some one fell through up too there waist out there yesterday and was able to get out not sure exactly where he was but heard 26 feet of water .ive never found that deep of water there but heard he could feel current underneath with just his legs under water . Makes me a little cautious as I’m heading back uup there for today ,caught a nice sauger but nothing hot and heavy

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’d be willing to bet it was on that point. I try not to go near it in past trips that way. Frontenac is the most unstable ice sheet around here. Won’t catch me driving anywhere near there, especially the next few weeks. Stay safe.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Better fishing morning or evening?

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

730-10 am 345-6pm

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Tried evening once. Nothing. Maybe after work Saturday but will there be good ice?

404 ERROR
    MN

Tried evening once. Nothing. Maybe after work Saturday but will there be good ice?

There should be plenty of good ice, just be cautious as current can eat some spots away fast. I plan on being out there Saturday.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Hopefully I can get out. After 4:30-10:30 shift it could be tough to stay awake. If not Saturday, Sunday morning.

bbuchho90

Ice is changing quickly on pools 5 to 7,from Buff City to LaCrosse, anywhere there’s current. Wing dams are open obviously. Stay safe!

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Going out now hopefully have a good report later waytogo

Ryan P
    Farmington

I was in Lake City this weekend and saw someone drove out of Hok Si La…not sure how cause it looks like there was open water around the edge of the lake for 4-5 ft. but they were parked 75 yards from the highway. Too risky for this guy. Time to get the boat out.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Whats up with that small lake in Frontenac off of 61/63? Place was packed with wheel houses.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

It’s Called frontenac pond … never fished it i always go to the river nearBy , panfish and pike I believe is what they catch out there on the pond

Skol
    Lake City

Half of the shacks on the pond don’t even have holes in the floors for fishing, Its more of an ice social community. The pond has northern, bass, gills, crappie and perch. Fishing has really declined the last few years. A couple years ago, we (the Frontenac sportsman’s club) placed C&R signs encouraging catch and release. This years fishing contest we hosted in Feb did pretty well for fish entered. Slowly but surely the pond is healthier than years past prior to posting C&R signage.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

How is the ice? Not on the pond.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Wish i knew the answer i drove by there this last Sunday and seen multiple ppl fishing still also seen a truck out on the ice so must’ve been good in a decent sized area yet also seen a lot of open water , I’m planning on trying her this weekend maybe yay

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

I was there Saturday. Open hole 100 yds from the usual open water. 10″ near that hole. Couple vehicles. I’m hoping to get sent home early tomorrow or run up Sunday morning.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Fished yesterday from 2-8 pm walked aways from everyone else set up totally alone atleast half mile from anyone out there. Didn’t move around much at all first bite came around 5pm nice female saugeye bursting full of eggs . Next fish came right after the sun went down about 730 , a slab 13 n half inch crappie hit both rods finally got him on third hit on vmc rattlin spoon . Quick release and got both baits back down and almost instantly another whack on deadstick brought up a solid 14’ crappie . Not anything for numbers of fish but some fun fish to catch to say the least . Ice was solid 10” fishing in 20fow yesterday was nicest weather day of my ice season so far i was down to a t shirt for awhile smash

ozzyky
    On water

Someone fell through towards channel on Sunday night coming out of maiden rock and a truck went through this afternoon

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.