Front Deck boat seat type?

• Garrett Van Gorden

What is everyone’s favorite boat seat type to put on the front deck of their boat? I have always had a captains type seat, but occasionally would just sit on top of it while folded down which makes me wonder if for my new to me Lund, I should get a different style for the front.

The boat currently has 4 standard captains seats in the rear with no “front” seat. This would put me in a sitting position vs a higher leaning style. The past few years I have mostly fished with my father in law where I was in the back of the boat standing and casting jigs etc. Obviously I can move one of the rears to the front for now and see if I like it, but I am curious to what everyone else’s preference is.

Thanks- Garrett

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

For me, the normal seats are too low for the front deck. I either stand or lean against a butt seat.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I just prefer to stand. Even with the pedestal style seat I just thought it was in the way. Probably different if you have an open deck or are smart enough to use a foot pedal (I am not). If you absolutely need one I would get the pedestal style you can just lean against.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I alternate between a taller lean-to butt seat and a standard folding seat depending on what kind of fishing I am doing. If I am casting for bass/muskie, I use the taller pedestal seat. If I am vertical jigging or bobber fishing, I use the folding seat.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If I’m bobber fishing or live bait rigging, I use a pedestal butt seat to lean on. If I’m casting cranks and plastics for eyes or smallies I prefer to just stand with nothing in the way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.