From the bow mount to the ice… MEGA 360

According to the article, it is also compatible with G3N units 8¨ or larger.

Sylvanboat

You need a truck to carry out all this gear. Where does it end??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You need a truck to carry out all this gear. Where does it end??

I think we both know it will never end. Some will choose not to participate. Some will. Different strokes for different folks. For those that limit themselves to the bare essentials carried in a 5 gallon pail, this announcement is not for you. grin

Ripjiggen

Just need a bigger bucket. lol Looking forward to seeing it put to use.

Chris Norlock

Finding/chasing schools looks like fun with this. What I think would be next level is watching individual big marks lurk in and having a deadstick or tip ups go off in that area. hope to see footage of that toast

BackwaterICE

I saw that announcement the other day and had wondered if anyone would be using one on the ice this season! Can’t wait to see what you guys do with it! It would be incredible to use 360 mega for crappie and perch schools

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I’ve been waiting to see what HB’s kit was going to look like based on a conversation I had with a Humminbird pro-staffer last winter. He told me he was enjoying it but wouldn’t let me see his setup.

It’s tempting to jump right in but I think I’m holding off until I see if it’s as bulky and cumbersome as Livescope (“blackboxes”, etc) and overall unit power requirements. I’m also kind of bummed it requires 8″+ size screens as the HB 8″ screen is a good size jump from the 7″ I currently use.

I will be trying not to jump on the bandwagon until seeing it firsthand and maybe letting the early adopters work any kinks out.

Now just waiting for the Mega Live announcement to drop…. cool

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I only have SI as of now… I still cannot find fish that are suspended at all with that. Is 360 better for that?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I only have SI as of now… I still cannot find fish that are suspended at all with that. Is 360 better for that?

Read up on how to use your SI would be best for that. It is entirely capable of showing you anything under the water if you know how to interpret.

BBCBOARDS HUMMINBIRD IMAGE INTREPRETATION

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Take my money!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace

Been waiting for this. For years have used SI under the ice with great results.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

James,

Will there be a Y cable available for the MEGA 360 ducer and the chirp ice ducer- or do you have to disconnect it every time?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Is mega 360 close to livescope or is this old technology ?

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

It is a mega SI that spins and refreshes like a radar type image. Livescope is different with different advantages. I think each one would excel in different conditions.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.