Francis Case Report

• dgoodman
    Pool 4

I just got back from a week long trip to SD. The same 14 guys have going for 10 years and we stay at ceder shores resort. This resort is very nice because there are slips so you can leave your boat right in the water. This years trip was a little different. The water temp was alot higher then when we are normally out there. We normally see 43-45 but this year we were seeing 55-59. Our boat normally fishes only 2 spot that have always produced. We were pitching 1/16th and 3/32 oz jigs with minnows. The first night we got there we only fished for about a hour and a half but managed 6 fish. Life was good. The second day we went to the same spot and managed 7 one of which was tagged. Mostly everyone in our group was getting 7-10 fish a day so we ended up have a great fish fry that night. Wed and Thursday was a lot slower for our boat because of rising water. Only a few walleyes but they were under the 15 inch minimum.

Here’s a few pics from the trip

chomps
    Sioux City IA

very nice, looks like rain this weekend, guys I spoke with were catching them in 30 foot yet, kind of crazy! Looks like you couldn’t have hit the weather any better.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

nice report, looks like some cool structure you are fishing with them cliff faces!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Some areas you feel like your fishing in the Black Hills

dgoodman
    Pool 4

Quote:

very nice, looks like rain this weekend, guys I spoke with were catching them in 30 foot yet, kind of crazy! Looks like you couldn’t have hit the weather any better.

We did talk to a few guys that were running lead in deep water having great luck down by the white river.

trphyhuntr
    Pierce/ St. Croix Cty

Man I love the Dakotas, Fished Sakakawea and Darling for 4 years while in the Air Force. Very good fishing and hunting. Big Sky Country!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for sharing D!! I sure miss home when I see pics like this.

redneck
    Rosemount

I hear ya Kooty! I just looked at the pictures and I was back home. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

fireline
    Rochester

Any reports from up around Pierre ?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The bite had started a while ago, but haven’t gotten any recent info.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow, that really looks like a beautiful place up there. I really need to get up there and fish it sometime. Maybe I should just move there.

Thanks for the pics–

mroberts
    Nebraska

It is nice there Brian i am sure i will fish it a few times this summer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.