frabill heavy duty rod case

• Brennon Nielson

anybody have one of these?? what is the longest overall length of rod u can have??

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Ive seen them up to 36 inch at fleet farm. Looked like a nice case for $58.

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Yeah I was actually just looking at hard rod cases last Friday up at Scheel’s in Eau Claire. The Frabill looks decent, but only fits about 4 combos – there’s a bigger one they make too…but the plastic seemed really, really thin. So I was considering how brittle blow-molded plastic can get in long exposure to frigid temps, and how easy it would crack (plastic snaps/hinges too) if something bumped it too hard.

They had the Otter rod case there too…and while it is HUGE and heavy, the thing is dang near indestructible-feeling. Plus steel clasps and hinges. Weighs about 10 lbs by itself though – which can be cumbersome for pulling gear by hand, like I usually do.

I dropped about $200 on 2 new TUCRs, and felt like getting a carseat for them on the way home, lol. The Otter rod case is definitely still on the shopping list, haha.

Regardless, we just need some ICE now!

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

I have the larger box, I normally carry 8 in it, with the foam fitted for 8 combos. It will fit 10, but not nearly as nicely.

It will fit at least 40″ rods, maybe 42″ I’ll have to measure tonight.

I have loved the case, very tough, nice latches, a bit heavy, but worth it.

I got mine on FishUSA for $80 I believe, with free shipping.

Brennon Nielson

I have the larger box, I normally carry 8 in it, with the foam fitted for 8 combos. It will fit 10, but not nearly as nicely.

It will fit at least 40″ rods, maybe 42″ I’ll have to measure tonight.

I have loved the case, very tough, nice latches, a bit heavy, but worth it.

I got mine on FishUSA for $80 I believe, with free shipping.

That is the one I’m getting fro. There too. But im gonna order a TUCR LTP and want to know the longest overall length I can make my rod lol

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I have one. It’s ok. You can keep 4 rods in there. Maybe 5 if you mash them in. A 36″ rod will fit. But I doubt you’d get four 36″ rods in there.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Two different cases.

This one will hold 42″ rods

Attachments:
    1. 20151109_201710.jpg

Brennon Nielson

Than you so much joe! Really appreciate u taking time to get that measurement!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Joe, it looks that Heavy Frabill weighs 14.5 pounds. That’s 4.5 pounds heavier than the Otter Box. Do you find that cumbersome?

Peterbob
    Menasha, WI

I also own the heavy duty frabill box and its weight don’t matter to me I just know my rods are protected! I bet u could easy run in over with a atv with nothing at all happening to the case its tough!!!

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

4.5lbs isn’t much when it’s in a sled pulling it, or in the truck driving on the ice for that matter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.