Monster Walleyes

• fishnuts
    WI

Well, knowing spring is right around the bend, Wisconsinites will be gearing up for one of the most massive migations in ALL of Wisconsin rivers. Last year, I fished 6 days (slept in boat) and ended up with 437 walleyes.
    Biggest was 32 1/2 12 lbs 9oz. Not bad, but I figured it out after 3 ok days. At one point I went 13 straight casts being hooked- up! Can’t eat these big pigs but, this is definiatly world class as it gets. Come set a line in Depere, and as you hear, its just plain fun! Good luck to all and remember,” Bang the Bottom.”

NickJohnson

got over there one day last year wow the fish are unreal my biggest was 28.5 inch 10lb 2 oz (my pb)
    welcome to ido fish nuts

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Welcome to IDO fishnuts…
    Is there a general time frame of when these fish run? Or does it depend on the spring runoff/melt. I have tried to get a trip out to the fox river for a couple years, but Rainy River seems to open up close to the same time…
    Do you have any pics of those pigs?

thegun
    mn

we go out and shoot for the 90th to the 100th day of the year! pretty consistant regardless of temps runoff and what not! its a good constant time to shoot for!

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Welcome to IDO

fishnuts
    WI

As for photos and mounts I have those, this year my wife bought one of those digitals so we will have to figure that out so I can post some pigs. As of today the main ice went out from the dam to just short of 172 bridge. I live 30 miles away in Shawano so I keep posted. Usually anywhere from the 15th of march to the 2nd week of April is good. But, I’ll probably be the first to tell ya that there are differnt waves of fish, the males seem to always be there, but the females come from all distances, as well as depths. We see many differnt colors and proportions. This is just my theory of course, but I feel on the spot I’m on is just the best during peak phases. Last year John Gillespie and crew were out in front of me and just couldn’t figure out for the life of them what and how my crankbait was being presented. Kinda funny, but they were not precision casting
    or understanding what direction the surronding 4 1/2 to 8ft. of underwater structure looked like. These fish have certain highways and some of the best are 10 ft to 5 ft wide. Having said that, it doesn’t mean that there isn’t fish all over just that there is certain “pinch points”.
    Anyway good luck, and if ya get over this way drop me a message. Tight lines, later ,Ty Meier

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Ty,
    Thanks for your good First two posts, and welcome to IDO.
    Post often, and we sure like PICS of any fish, but especially Big Fish.
    Looking forward to hearing more about eastern WI.
    Jack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.