Montello dam on the fox

• Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Fished the dam tonight caught small eyes and northern. Lots of hits on fatheads but just small ones for me.

jhalfen

Welcome to IDA Bushman1. I grew up fishing Puck and Buffalo. Those jumbo perch are alive and well in my memories. Keep us posted on happenings down there!

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Did catch 1 nice perch last night on jig.Still a lot of ice on Puck and they are still driving out. Catching crappies , gills and perch in the canals on wax worms and jigs . Out the other night and got a 5 lb. cat on a jiggin rap. The water level has come up at least over a foot.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Well the river from Montello down to Lake Puckaway is wide open ,but the landings are slick this mourning from the snow. Going to the dam and fish tonight and will be reporting later. Still catching a lot of eyes on the ice in the lake , tipups and jigging are both working . Well good luck to all and be safe.

2ndChance
    Monroe, Wi

Bushman- I’m real familiar with Puckaway, had a place there for 15 year at Duck-Inn, but got sick of the lake level control problem.
    Just got a report from a friend of mine up there the ice on Puck may be short lived..
    I’m planning on going up with in the next week to 10 days and put in at the Princeton Lock & Dam. and fish that upper part of the river to Puckaway.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Hi Jim E , hte ice is gone and the fish are biting good in Montello area and the upper river , as far as Princeton dam area have not been fishing there, stopped yesterday at the dam and no one around. Also catching the eyes in the lake as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.