FoxPro Prairie Blaster?

• Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Anybody have one or used one? I bought one recently because Cabelas had them marked down. I was wondering if anybody had used one and if they are a good call. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

How marked down is marked down? As far as I know, that unit is one one of Foxpros higher end units.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I got it shipped to my door for $283, they retail for $699. I couldn’t pass it up. They released the Prairie Blaster III and these were the older Prairie Blaster IIs. I didn’t care, the price was screaming, “Buy Me!”, so I did.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’s a really nice unit and lots of bells and whistles.

But don’t go nuts with it! I can see a strong temptation with that unit to call too loud, too long, and use too many sounds just cause you have ’em. “Hey, maybe the wounded mongoose would work…”

Remember, whatever the call sounds like to you, it’s at least 10x louder to a coyote.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Great unit with good quality speakers. For midwest use, lower volume is better. Don’t max out the volume unless you ant to call over to the next state

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Thanks! Living in Iowa, my buddies and I have a 1500 acre lease that we deer hunt and we wanted to call it last year, but my current FoxPro, the Wildfire, just didn’t have the volume. Great little call, but I wanted something that carried out on windy days. I was just hoping that the caller was worth the $283 dollars. I guess I’ll find out here soon!

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

I got it shipped to my door for $283, they retail for $699. I couldn’t pass it up. They released the Prairie Blaster III and these were the older Prairie Blaster IIs. I didn’t care, the price was screaming, “Buy Me!”, so I did.

That does scream buy me shock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.