FOXPRO Inferno

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

An upgraded version of the Spitfire and Wildfire series with the high end remote and more storage capacity. They also have the nifty Foxbang feature, which would be a nice bell/whistle. IMO, having had the Spitfire for years now, these are terrific calls and more than enough for Minnesota and Wisconsin conditions.

Another nice thing about these calls is they use 4 AA batteries in the speaker unit, so you can (and I do!) carry extras with no trouble. Of course, I came by this bit of knowledge from having to troop back to the truck after I found the call had been left on… But now I tape 4 batteries together into one bundle so I have extras with me.

Don’t get suckered into the “bigger is better” thinking. You don’t need and you don’t WANT to be pumping our 50,000 watts of earth shaking power through 12 digital surround sound speakers. Louder is not always better. Keep in mind, a coyotes hearing is at least 10x better than yours. Also, you don’t really need 500+ sound capacity. As much as you might think it’s worth loading up 15 different types of wounded mongoose and distressed Kudu calls, I can tell you that if it comes to that, you’re going home empty handed with or without the wounded mongoose call.

My father could hear my Spitfire call from a half mile away and I was using no more than half volume. So think for a minute about what that sounds like to a coyote! I always start at volume setting 1 and slowly work up, only using higher settings on windy days or days with fog, snow, etc that dampens the sound.

We’re in EASTERN coyote country in MN and WI and YES! there is a difference between them and the western coyotes you see on TV that come running in from 2 miles away over wide open ground.

The call doesn’t make the hunter. IMO, location, location, location. On the occasions when I get it right, I’ve never waited longer than 10 minutes before one shows up.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Good solid unit with a decent remote.

Buy the rechargeable batteries. But buy the highest mah you can. Typical AA are about 1800. Good rechargeable are 2400 or a little higher. I have a set of 2450mah. that are about 6 years old.

Good way to save a lot of money

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The crow call works the best for me. 4 AAA’s with the unit left on lasts about 4 days. Speaking from experience…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.