Fox River 1/1/19

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Well I finally got out on the water in 2019. My boat is boat is not ready for service, so I hopped in with my good friend Pete YAKE and we took Larry Thiel with us.
    We travel about 100 miles south to finish some early season C/R walleye ideas. The weather was brutal, 15 mile an hour winds, 19 air temp,horizontal snow squalls and 38 degree water temps.
    We netted a dozen eyes and they were dandies!
    We used 6# mono on 7’6” St Croix and ALX Spinning Rods, 3/16-1/4 oz jigs, 3.5” swimbaits…casting to shoreline breaks. Rolling the bait slowly with the current…

#alxrods #lews #xcitePS

Well I finally got out on the water in 2019. My boat is boat is not ready for service, so I hopped in with my good friend Pete YAKE and we took Larry Thiel with us.
    We travel about 100 miles south to finish some early season C/R wall ideas. The weather was brutal, 15 mile an hour winds, horizontal snow squalls and 38 degree water temps.
    We netted a dozen eyes and they were dandies!
    We used 6# mono on 7’6” Spinning Rods, 3/16 oz jigs, 3.5” swimbaits…casting to shoreline breaks.
    #alxrods #lews #xcitePS

Well I finally got out on the water in 2019. My boat is boat is not ready for service, so I hopped in with my good friend Pete YAKE and we took Larry Thiel with us.We travel about 100 miles south to finish some early season C/R wall ideas. The weather was brutal, 15 mile an hour winds, horizontal snow squalls and 38 degree water temps. We netted a dozen eyes and they were dandies! We used 6# mono on 7’6” Spinning Rods, 3/16 oz jigs, 3.5” swimbaits…casting to shoreline breaks. #alxrods #lews #xcitePS

Posted by Northwoods Adventures Guiding on Monday, April 1, 2019

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.