Four years, what a shame!

• Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I checked for stray voltage and have some results. Does anyone know what is acceptable. My navigation lights put out 0.3 mili volts , my courtesy lights put out 0.1 mili volts , and my stereo puts out 1.3 mili volts. All three are factory installed ! Funny with how much wiring I’ve done the factory wiring is the problem.

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

I checked for stray voltage and have some results. Does anyone know what is acceptable. My navigation lights put out 0.3 mili volts , my courtesy lights put out 0.1 mili volts , and my stereo puts out 1.3 mili volts. All three are factory installed ! Funny with how much wiring I’ve done the factory wiring is the problem.

My take is that these are essentially equal to zero volts (0.0001V to 0.0013V) and not high enough to cause any issues. Did you measure the stray voltage with just the battery charger turned on and the floor screwed down and smashing the wires?

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gino wrote:</div>

My take is that these are essentially equal to zero volts (0.0001V to 0.0013V) and not high enough to cause any issues. Did you measure the stray voltage with just the battery charger turned on and the floor screwed down and smashing the wires?

No that has all been redone.

Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

Absolutely disgusting. Production boats gonna production boat I guess. But still disgusting.

That sucks man. Buy some west systems epoxy to cover whatever new wood you are using or just use meranti plywood to replace that junk that the factory used. At this point I would also be buying a few tubes of Tef Gef and replacing every fastener on that rig.

Electrolysis is a possibility but I’m lenaing more toward treated lumber and non stainless fasteners.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.