Found this – At first was puzzled – but now I have a clue.

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I took a snowmobile ride around the lake shore yesterday. Came across this red canoe and wondered . . . . . what the heck?

What say you?

I do think I have a clue but let’s hear from some expert outdoorsmen and women.

Attachments:
    1. DSCF2124-scaled.jpg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I confirm, looks like a red canoe.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I believe it’s Rogers River #14, but that’s just a guess.

TH

Pine sap on a wet canoe.

Deuces

New gang of pigeons entered the area and the estalished crow gang had to show their dominance.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I didn’t check if it was sap. Bird crap was my guess. Question was what kind birds????? Remember it’s early March. 99% sure not turkeys, rare around here in the winter. Not many other birds to leave a mark like that at this time a year. I have seen turkey crap built up like that in a pine grove while hunting in central WI. Never noticed anything under any Crows nest.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Too close to the cabin when they painted the white trim on the cabin?

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

My guess would be Eagle crap. Perched there to keep a eye on the lake.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Sorry it took awhile to get back. The 1/2″+ of ice had me working. Thanks for the few chuckles.

Yes, I would say Eagle crap. There has been a nest about 100 yards away for decades. They sit in the trees on that little point and watch the lake.

I can remember as a kid (50ish years ago) I sat in a boat in that spot and watched an Eagle in a tree eat a fish. It was a rare and spectacular thing in those days. Not like today – – – – when a flag goes up, an Eagle lands next to your tipup. A month ago I had an Eagle land 20′ from me to eat a dead minnow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.