Found a high end rod on Leech

• Hey

Was pulling bottom bouncers on a well known hump on south Walker Bay yesterday

Snagged a high end custom rod made from a st croix blank with a reel. It has custom engraving on it and looks like it was a gift to someone.

It still had part of the rod holder attached to the rod where it broke off when snagged.

Anyway it looks important to someone and I want to give it back.

You tell me who the custom builder was or what the engraving says, what’s different about the rod and round about when it was built it’s yours again.

Must pick up in Walker, MN

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Had you been in Portage Bay I’d say that you caught my pole. Good luck finding the owner.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Good on you for doing the right thing. Hope the owner gets it back and you get a beer out of deal. toast

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Cant you at least list the custom builder? That might help the situation out immensely. The builder might even catch this and help? They still have to tell you the engraving.

Red Eye

Shoot the builder a message. They should be able to get in contact with their customer.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Kudos to you Hey. applause Someone’s going to be really happy if it makes it back to them.
    Could you tell what kind of rod holder it was so I don’t buy that brand? lol

munchy
    NULL

Could you tell what kind of rod holder it was so I don’t buy that brand?

You have to guess!! jester

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Cant you at least list the custom builder?

If it says Tiny Rodworks or TRW PM me and I will tell you who I built it for. I am guessing it was not me. I would contact the rod maker. Most of us keep some records. If the blank says “Handcrafted for ….” That is a pro staff rod made by St. Croix.

Hey

Whitecap custom rods, Jon Steblay built it.

I think he retired and the company no longer exists. Phone number doesn’t work.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Whitecap custom rods, Jon Steblay built it.

I think he retired and the company no longer exists. Phone number doesn’t work.

Pretty awesome deal. I hope you find the owner.
    And I’m glad this wasn’t found along 169, because then we may never know.

picklerick
    Central WI

Just noticed there were two threads on this topic. Good on you 2x for double the effort in trying to return this to the owner. If you’d care to donate it to a cheesehead with a wife that’s recovering from brain surgery I’m your man. I’ll be available for a meet up in Walker the week of 9/11 – 9/18. Did I mention that she’s partially blind in both eyes now?

munchy
    NULL

I found Jon Steblay on Facebook. However I can’t tell if he is active or not. I will send him a message and see if he answers.

munchy
    NULL

I happened to find Jon’s email as he’s still on his township board. It may be easier if Hey sends him an email but I can certainly send one as well if needed.

jmsteblay4 (at) brainerd (dot) net

Hey

Website and phone number are down.

Above email undeliverable.

I’ve sent message on Facebook.

Thanks for the help. I have get back to work and I’ve done all I can to reach out at this point.

I’ll have the rod in my garage waiting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.