Forecast is looking great!

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

While the Ely area has had a select number of safe fishable lakes for the past 3 weeks, there have been a lot of lakes with sketchy ice. This week’s forecast is looking good for drastically broadening the options in the area! I imagine that the larger area lakes like Vermillion, Farm, Shagwa, and many others will be good to go for foot travel by the weekend! Hopefully the smaller gems didn’t see too much pressure this early season and will remain viable options for pursuing a good catch and release bite yet. It has been a long early ice season up here and it is still just beginning! Be safe out there and mindful of the lakes you’re fishing; if the lake is small consider taking a picture and letting the fish go to help maintain its future!

Attachments:
    1. image4.png

2. image5.png

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Ben it’s nice and all that you have ice, but some of us faced 50 degrees and rain today, bawling bawling , so dont be offended if we ice lovers to your south get cranky hearing about the ice you have.

Looks like you have found the fish though waytogo

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Mixed feelings on getting ice soon. With all this rain, a quick freeze would cause a lot of grief. Wet ground this will get deeper frost, kills new seedings, and hard on fruit trees. Hopefully this dries up some before the deep freeze sets in

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Ya I totally get that Randy, with all the rain though I know the rivers won’t be able to freeze their moving too fast. But even to get a small lake or two iced up is all I want right now.

bigpike

Heading to Milwacky this weekend but when I get back it will be first hard water season all over again😎

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.