Foam needed help!

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

Looking the foam type that is used for pool noodles but I want flat sheet to cut into plano for storage of jigging raps and blade baits.

Does anyone know what type the foam is called? Also where to get it?

Tried Hobby Lobby, Home Depot, Lowes & Menards.

Thanks for the help!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If anything, I’d check out McMaster Carr. I know they carry almost every type of foam.

I’m pretty sure you are looking for an open cell foam. I’ll take a look and see if I can find something.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I wanted some foam to store ice fishing spoons in a plano box. I could not find exactly what I wanted but found some foam that worked at a fabric shop.

bob

search “polyethylene foam sheet” on amazon.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

If anything, I’d check out McMaster Carr. I know they carry almost every type of foam.

I’m pretty sure you are looking for an open cell foam. I’ll take a look and see if I can find something.

Open cell foam will soak up water. An example of open cell foam would be most furniture cushions.

Closed cell foam will float (pool noodles). An example would be the big floating swim mats and pool noodles. wave

robby
    Quad Cities

How about those 4×8 sheets of blue or pink insulation?

Rod Bent

The throwable flotation cushions are filled with sheets of the stuff. Get one on sale and open it up.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

Open cell foam will soak up water. An example of open cell foam would be most furniture cushions.

Closed cell foam will float (pool noodles). An example would be the big floating swim mats and pool noodles. wave

You are correct sir. I realized that last night but I forgot to correct myself.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

How thick?
    Search sill sealer at Menards, hd or Lowes. I think it’s 1/8 thick maybe 3/16

Twins Guy
    NULL

If you don’t need it to be too thick you can get blue closed cell foam camping/sleeping pads (~72″ x 24″) from wallyworld for about $10.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

They make swimming kick boards out of the same pool noodle material. Usually find them in the swim isle at WallyWorld over the swim season.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.