Floatation foam cleanup

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Anyone have suggestions of a product that will clean floatation foam dribbles off the painted splash well without also taking the paint? Got a couple dribbles in the well pouring my new foam today.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

AK Guy

My guess is the OP will get zero answers to his question following your derailment.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Ed-40 or foam cleaner available and most Home Depot / lowes

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Thanks Randy.

AK- been replacing the transom this winter, 2001 Lund, I did find a very small area of water logged foam in the very back (at the very bottom, maybe the bottom inch), but was contained within the transom to (not quite up to) the first cross member (so about 6-8″ inward). Aluminum was pristine though near that insulation, couldn’t say the same about where the rotting transom wood was touching the hull. Boat stays inside except when being used though so that surely helps. Since I like to do things backwards I redid all the interior last winter and had the floor up, all that foam was ‘like new’. Boat never has noticably taken on water aside from the time I put the livewell intake pump back in without the o-ring on accident.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A lot of the older foam used and when boat manufacturers want to be cheap, they use foam that isn’t a true closed cell capable of water contact I run into contractors using the wrong foam in homes also

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.