Fleet Farm can’t get any 410 ammo on their shelves, but they can stock this???

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I stopped by the Hudson store just to take a peak at the isles today and I see they’re getting a better selection of 6.5 PRC and 6.8 Western, but to my absolute shock, they had ammo in 280 Ackley Improved by Nosler on the shelf! In the next isle? Still. No. 410. According to the videos, most that own a gun in that chambering handloads/reloads. I’m guessing there’s not too many in this area looking for it, but they have it!

Jason

I would have to assume that there is more demand for the new rifle rounds then .410 hence the stores wanting to stock the ones that sell. I have bought 5+ boxes of 6.5prc from Fleetfarm in the last year myself.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I have reservations about that assumption.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I bought a case of 410 from Cabelas last week, I had to do the ‘ship to store’ though. Stupid expensive though.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

.410 can best be found at gun shops now.
    Agree with you about FF not having in for a long time now.
    Pick up the phone and be ready to over pay…

Midway USA has quite a bit between $15 to $22 box depending. Sign up for offers and they often to free shipping over $50 or maybe its $100 I forget.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I bought a case of 410 from Cabelas last week, I had to do the ‘ship to store’ though. Stupid expensive though.

Indeed, it’s been a little crazy for some time now. Amidst the shortage, I was seeing online prices starting at $40/box. I about fell off my chair! Even at $15/box, that’s a hard pill to swallow. Last box I purchased was 2-3 years ago and I picked up the Federal Top Gun in 7.5, 2 1/2″, for $7.39/box at Walmart. My dad was looking for some, and he uses 410 regularly on varmints and pests, so I bought up the 7 boxes hoping it would last a minute. He’s got 1 full box and a partial left. That’ll be gone soon now that the snow is gone, so I’m always looking at it, on his behalf. I have 9s, 8s, and 6s in 2 1/2″, but he wants 7.5s.

Generally speaking, had a guy in front of me at the FF checkout yesterday that was buying 4 boxes of Fiocchi 12ga Target Loads. Nothing more. It was over $40.00! I know time flies, but the last case of target loads I bought for my 12ga was $3.98/box, or $39.80 for the case of Winchester #8s. According to my records, that was only 9yrs ago! In less than 10yrs, we’re spending more than twice as much for less than half the quantity. That’s depressing. Even worse is this: In 2018, a whopping 5yrs ago, I bought a case of #4 pheasant loads at Cabelas for $80. The exact same case is currently $170!

I can’t help but wonder if the industry is discovering how much we’re willing to pay to do what we love and if it’ll ever get back to the prices we had even 5 years ago? It’s hard to secure a future if we don’t leave room for the interested.

Coletrain27

Scheels in Rochester had a whole shelf full of it last time I was there. $17 a box I believe.

Fleet farm is a joke now days ever since they sold a couple years ago. Never have anything in stock anymore it seems like. I don’t even mess with going there anymore since scheels will price match anywhere and the shelf’s are usually full

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

You guys with Scheels close to you are lucky. I used to really like FF and it is going downhill fast

disco bobber

I went into the Alexandria store a few weeks ago and the ammo department was a disorganized mess just like it was around Christmas. I also thought their prices were high.

There is still not a great abundance of 20 gauge out there either.

Like someone mentioned, companies seem to be raising prices just to see if they can squeeze more out of us. Not just ammo companies and consolidation has made it easier.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fleet Farm having empty pegs or shelves isn’t anything new. The one nearest to me has been like that for a decade.

Riverrat

Fleet has been going downhill since before they became corporate schills, but it got even worse after that. I have been keeping score when I go there. Last trip was 1 out of three. The two times before I walked out with nothing. They did have 410 last time I looked here though.

Charles

Anybody reload .410? I have been thinking about getting a reloader for a .410

wkw

You all should check out SG Ammo out of Stillwater,Ok

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You all should check out SG Ammo out of Stillwater,Ok

Any particular reason? I didn’t find anything that tickled me.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Finally saw some 410 on the shelf, but only two brands and both #9s. Pricing was decent compared to many alternatives, but they sure didn’t last long. Within two days, the stock was gone.

I also noticed after posting about the 280 Ackley ammo, someone cleaned out all 200 rounds instantly. Does that mean I should let people know they’ve got 7mm PRC too? jester

robby
    Quad Cities

I buy 28ga. ammo down here and take up north for a buddy who hunts partridge regularly. He cannot get it up there, but it just sits on the shelf down here. Normally can get all of the modern shotgun ga. ammo at Walmart around here.

maddogg

They don’t stock .410 shells because most people won’t buy them at $1,00 apiece.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

They don’t stock .410 shells because most people won’t buy them at $1,00 apiece.

Pre-covid, when 410 was still significantly higher than 12/20ga rounds, they stocked a plenty. Pretty sure the numbers were fine then. As for demand, it’s not like 410 shotguns are a rarity and there are plenty of people who enjoy shooting them. So long as I watch the 28ga shells collect dust and a measly 410 offering clear in two days, I don’t think this holds water.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.