Flasher recommendation for Mississippi River backwaters

• KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

It’s getting late, but I would greatly appreciate recommendations for a unit that will be used primarily for the <20 foot depths I fish in the Mississippi River backwaters. Good chance I’ll just wait for a good deal and have it in place for next year. I’m not tech savvy enough to take on tons of features and have no need for GPS, etc. Just looking for a reliable user-friendly unit ideal for the backwaters. Thanks

KwickStick

I used the search feature and found plenty of ideas. (should have done that in the first place)

redface

KwickStick

double post

Charles

Vexilar Fl8 or FL18,

tim hurley

Best flasher for that is called an aqua view camera-sonar sends out sound in a cone shape so you get less and less info the shallower you go, cameras can look off to the side. Also if you know the lake has a stunted population of one species and other stuff is big you can save yourself some time by checking first with a camera.

shockers
    Rochester

For the scenario you described, I’d just get either a Marcum M1 or a Vexilar FL8. Basic, but do the job.

milemark_714

For the scenario you described, I’d just get either a Marcum M1 or a Vexilar FL8. Basic, but do the job.

Ditto this,and if you want a little extra I would get an FL18 or M5.
    Camera can be good,as long as water clarity is good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.