flameking fillervalve?

• cheers

Lots of talk about Flameking tanks but not much info on filler valves . Do you need Flameking specific filler valves or will the standard valves that are common work ?

Coletrain27

i have one like this that works great. havent used any other types to compare

Erik Swenson

X2 – Same thing that comes with the kit.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I bought this one yesterday.

Updated Propane Fitting Refill Adapter Valve for 1LB Gas Bottle Refillable Tank Cylinders,QCC Valve Connector,Brass/Metal,CGA600 Valve Connector, 9″Adapter length, safety Propane Refill Adapter Valve https://a.co/1mgxrp7

JoeMX1825
    MN

i bought the amazon.com one mentioned in the other thread, same thing… the stand isn’t needed, just flip the tank over and stand it up on the top…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

For around the same price I was thinking about buying this one. It comes with a couple of caps also. Going to the ice show tonight to see what they have first.

deertracker

I just filled up with the Amazon one that biggill posted. Worked great and filled up two bottles in only a few minutes.
    DT

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Do you need Flameking specific filler valves or will the standard valves that are common work ?

Define “standard valve”.

Whatever connecting/valve system that is used, the refillable tank must be upright, while the donor tank is upside down. Beyond that, it’s user preference.

I like the Flame King refill valve with it’s spring loaded trigger valve. Easy to open and self closing with one hand, while the other hand opens and closes the vent on the tank being refilled.

cheers

I mean can I use the same valve that I already use to fill the green Coleman tanks on the Flame King? Or do I need a different valve specifically for Flameking tanks

Coletrain27

Both tanks have the same thread pitch so I would think it would work fine

James Almquist

I mean can I use the same valve that I already use to fill the green Coleman tanks on the Flame King? Or do I need a different valve specifically for Flameking tanks

There is a little tab you will need to break off in order to fill Non-Flame King 1LB tanks. There are videos on YT that tell you how to do it and how to let the air escape to allow it to fill all of the way.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Whatever connecting/valve system that is used, the refillable tank must be upright, while the donor tank is upside down. Beyond that, it’s user preference.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.