Baked Fish recipes needed

• waterswat
    WI

Thinking about trying to bake some blugills and was wondering if anyone has a recipe or tried this before. Usually, I just drop them in the grease and fry them up, but since it is the new year and all and health is on the mind, thought we might try something different for a change. Any recipes are appreiciated. Thanks.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Not 100% about how it will work with gills, but a buddy of mine dips his fish in shorelunch and tosses them on a foreman grill and cooks them til they crisp up, a little longer than one would think to cook them , I was really skeptical until I tasted it, I have no reservations of cooking fish that way again. The only catch is we cooked bass/walleye/pike so the filet’s were bigger than your average gill…

sootie
    arcadia wi,

how about broiling? season fillets put on broiling pan brush fillets with butter or olive oil broil til done….

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

The FW loves fish as long as I bake it most of the time, All I do is place the fillets in a glass baking dish, pour a little melted butter over them and sprinkle with seasonall and garlic powder. Put foil over the top and bake until almost done, remove foil and bake a little longer until slightly brown. Serve with parsley buttered potatoes, baked beans and a good white wine. Simple and easy.
    Don

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

We occasionaly buy a fish from Schwans called blue hake prime cut loins. I take the fillets, still frozen, brush them with butter, drizzle honey, lemon juice and salt, pepper and paprika on them. Bake at 425 for about 45 minutes. I suppose any fish would work, just adjust cooking time if not frozen and for thickness of fillets.

We also cook walleye or sauger in the microwave. Again brush with butter, salt and pepper and cook on high for no more than 3 minutes. Very good and very fast.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Hey waterswat, shoot me a pm and I’ll attach a recipe I use on Walleye that I think will work just fine on your pannies. Thanks, Hairjig [email protected]

waterswat
    WI

Thanks for the reply’s. I should be able to make something out of all the ideas. Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.