Smoked cheese

• mnhass
    Dodge Center

Yum Yum

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Mokimy: Please explain your smoker contraption. I assume you made it. How/what is it made? It appears to “smoke” very well. Are you adding any heat in your box along with the smoke? Brickets?

mnhass
    Dodge Center

It is basicaly a 2.5 inch pipe with two end caps on it with a barb on the lower unit to pump air into the lower fire chamber, this is not visable in the picture. No heat just smoldering small chunks of oak. It was runing about 85 degrees at the outlet.
    The unit is plumbed into my cookshack smoker. Which is a 1200 watt electric smoker.
    I cold smoked Jerkey in it two days ago. It was to die for.
    If you want more info pm me.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I think I understand what you did. Sounds pretty simple to make. I’ve looked long and hard to find an inexpensive cold smoking machine (less than $450.00). I now own two smokers and both claimed they could cold smoke cheese and fish. I think NOT!!
    I’m convinced there are none now though. You just have to make one (like yours) if you want to be able to smoke something at temps of less than 150 Degree’s – and still get good cold smoke.
    After seeing your smoking device, I think I may have a winter project to work on.
    Thanks.
    Splitshot

mnhass
    Dodge Center

One good word of advise, if you make one, be sure you put a good optima adj air pump on the unit, at least a 3500 cc/min, otherwise it wont operate. If you need any help or ideas, you know where to find me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.